Hello Everyone, Today I wanna continue my series on Malware because yesterday when I woke early in the morning, a received a message from users — asked about WannaCry Ransomware. I decided to write a blog on that Malware so finally, I have analyzed WannaCry Ransomware and have collected some Information. So let’s jumped into what is Wannacry?
So, You already heard much about Ransomware and I also have written a blog on that. Today I gonna talk on WannaCry which is spread rapidly over the world in 2017. So First thing first What is WannaCry? Wannacry ransomware attack.
What is Wannacry Ransomware Attack?
It is a kind of cyber attack by hackers involves controlling PC, access information, encrypt data until the ransomware is paid which makes it more dangerous than other common ransomware types. Because of its ability to spread itself. WannaCry spread rapidly across a number of computer networks in May of 2017. After infecting Windows computers, it encrypts files on the PC’s hard drive.
Further, it would be making them impossible for users to access. Afterward, he demands a ransom payment in bitcoin in order to decrypt them. The attack occurred after the USA’s National Security Agency discovered a vulnerability in Microsoft’s software called EternalBlue. This exploit was leaked by a hacker group called the Shadow Brokers. Encryption ransomware changes by encrypting our files so we can’t use them. Wannacry ransomware attack is a type of Encryption ransomware.
The problem comes from older versions of Windows or those without Windows Updates, as these were not patched by Microsoft and were left open to attacks. Russia and India were hit particularly hard because of Microsoft’s Windows XP-one of the operating systems. Most at risk- was still widely used in these countries.
Any unpatched Windows computer is potentially susceptible to WannaCry. Organizations are particularly at risk because of its ability to spread across networks and a number of organizations globally have been affected. The majority of which are in Europe. However, individuals can also be affected.
Why Ransomware Trap on the System?
- Browsing untrusted websites
- Not careful about downloading or opening file attachments which are known to contain malicious code from spam emails
- Installing pirated software, outdated software programs or operating systems
- Using a PC that is connected to an already infected network
Which Windows We Should Use?
If you are using an older version of Windows that is no longer supported by Microsoft, you will be vulnerable to WannaCry, according to Microsoft’s blog. I’d say Windows 10 is more secure than the other one and preferable by the users you’ll be also protected as long as your automatic updates are enabled.
- Best Non Chinese Smartphones Under 20000
- Galaxy M12 Specs: Buy or Not?
- 5+ Free Guest Blog Posting Sites 2021
- Galaxy M42 5G: Full Specifications
- Watch 2067 Full Movie | Amazon | 2067 (2020) Movie
- 5 Easy Ways For Beginners To Make Money Online
- 15 Free Blogging Tools For Beginners That Professional Use
- Samsung A52 Specification: Worth or Not?